Los Angeles Waves Netball ~ Code of Conduct
The Waves expects players to demonstrate fair play on the court and conduct themselves appropriately when representing the club.
Code of Conduct
All matches shall be conducted in a proper manner and shall follow IFNA rules.
The Coach is responsible for ensuring that teams play within the Laws, but also the spirit of the game. It is the responsibility of all Club Players and Members to ensure they honor this code, and assist the Coach in her duties.
Waves Players and Members shall not at any time engage in conduct which could bring the Club or the game into disrepute.
Waves Players and Members shall at all times accept the decision of the Umpires and Coach without dissent.
Waves Players, Members and Club officials shall not intimidate, assault, or attempt to intimidate or assault another Player, official or spectator.
Waves Players and Members shall not make any public or Press comment that may be interpreted as being detrimental to the Club or the game in general.
Waves Committee Members are empowered to meet and act as a Disciplinary Committee, and having met, shall have the right to impose one or more of the penalties against any Member having contravened any of the above points.
Penalties that may be imposed by the Disciplinary Committee for violating the spirit of the game or for misconduct on the court are a written reprimand, a suspension for a specified period and expulsion from the Waves.
Code of Ethics
• Respect the right of all other players, coaches, umpires, administrators and officials to participate in netball regardless of ethnic origins, cultural and religious background, color, sexual orientation, political affiliation and creed.
• Play in the true spirit and within the rules of the game
• Display high standards of behavior which promote a positive image for the game.
• Respect the dignity of people regardless of race, color or creed
• Follow International Federation of Netball Association (IFNA) rules
• Protect the right of every player to participate in the game regardless of race, color or creed
• Respect the spirit of the game
• Respect the rights of opponents to play the game, officials and administrators to participate in netball and other coaches
• Maintain coaching standards of the highest level
• Promote a positive image to players, other coaches, officials, administrators and the public at large
• Encourage fair play.
Administrators and Officials shall:
• Protect and respect the rights of players, coaches, umpires and officials to participate in netball regardless of race, color or creed.
• Respect the rights of others
• Strive to improve the club
• Create an atmosphere that encourages fair play
• Display high standards of behavior
• Promote a positive image to all
• Promote and develop the game by sharing knowledge and experience